In 1988, UCL merged with the Institute of Laryngology & Otology, the Institute of Orthopaedics, the Institute of Urology & Nephrology and Middlesex Hospital Medical School. Although UCL was among the first universities to admit ladies on the identical terms as men, in 1878, the college’s senior common room, the Housman Room, remained men-solely till 1969.
The King’s’ mascot, Reggie the Lion, went missing within the Nineties and was recovered after being discovered dumped in a area. It was restored at the price of around £15,000 and then positioned on display in the students’ union.
In June 2011, the mining company BHP Billiton agreed to donate AU$10 million to UCL to fund the institution of two vitality institutes – the Energy Policy Institute, based in Adelaide, and the Institute for Sustainable Resources, primarily based in London. In 1986, UCL merged with the Institute of Archaeology.
The UCL Centre for Blockchain … Read More