3D graphene nanostructure composed of porous carbon sheets and interconnected nanocages for high-performance lithium-ion battery anodes and lithium sulphur batteries. ACS Sustainable Chem. 2019, 7, 11241–11249. Wu, Z.S.; Ren, W.; Xu, L.; Li, F.; Cheng, H.M. Doped graphene sheets as anode materials with superhigh rate and large capacity for lithium ion batteries. ACS Nano 2011, 5, 5463–5471. Gonçalves, M.R.; Gomes, A.; Condeço, J.; Fernandes, T.R.C.; Pardal, T.; Sequeira, C.A.C.; Branco, J.B. Conversion of carbon dioxide into fuel by electrochemical reduction in aqueous solvents.
- Whittingham, M.S. Electrical energy storage and intercalation chemistry.
- Power Sources 2012, 220, 205–210.
- For alkaline fuel cells using carbon catalysts, the goal is to modify the cost-effective carbon-based electrocatalysts to increase the number of electrons up to four and to reduce the cathode activation overpotential.
Phillips, P.E.M.; Wightman, R.M. Critical guidelines for validation of the selectivity of in-vivo chemical microsensors. TrAC Trends Anal. 2003, 22, 509–514. … Read More
However, not all of the barrel could be converted to gasoline or jet fuels, or fuel oils. The remnants of the barrel, asphaltenes, petroleum pitch residue, had no commercial value and presented a disposable problem. Land fill was out of the question and use as a fuel was impractical (unlike coal-tar pitch). The delayed coker was developed to take care of growth in amounts of disposable pitch and the words ‘delayed coke’ were heard more frequently.
- Here, we deal essentially with electrochemical double layer capacitors .
- Sum, E.; Rychaik, M.; Skyllas-Kozacos, M. Investigation of the V /V system for use in the positive half-cell of a redox battery.
- 1992, 64, 2518–2524.
- As a semi-conducting material, TiO2 itself is facing significant challenge in terms of low electrical conductivity (~10-12 S m-1), resulting in low effective power density.
- Hori, Y.; Murata, A.; Takahski, R. Formation of hydrocarbons in the electrochemical reduction of
… Read More
The positive terminal of the solar cell, the cathode, is often coated with a catalytic material for electron transfer. In most cases this is in the form of trace amounts of platinum. Since a very small quantity of catalyst is needed, the electrode remains transparent, provided the substrate is transparent as well.
Hone, J.; Llaguno, M.C.; Nemes, N.M.; Johnson, A.T.; Fisher, J.E.; Walters, D.A.; Casavant, M.J.; Schmidt, J.; Srualley, R.E. Electrical and thermal transport properties of magnetically aligned single wall carbon nanotube films. 2000, 77, 666–668. Ettingshansen, F.; Klemann, Y.; Marcu, A.; Toth, G.; Fuess, H.; Roth, C. Dissolution and migration of platinum in PEMFCs investigated for start/stop cycling and high potential degradation. Fuel Cells 2011, 11, 238–245. Schlesinger, I.; Brown, H.C.; Finholt, A.E. The Preparation of Sodium Borohydride by the High Temperature Reaction of Sodium Hydride with Borate Esters1. J. Am.
Sum, E.; Rychaik, M.; Skyllas-Kozacos, M. Investigation of … Read More
1989, 85, 2309–2326. By combining an electrode material with a large specific surface area with a material that can be reversibly oxidized and reduced over a wide potential range, it is possible to realise a device close to a battery, that is the ultracapacitor. The energy is stored both by ionic capacitance and by surface redox processes that occur during charge and discharge. This enhances the amount of stored energy. Moreover, because the ions are confined to surface layers, the redox reactions are rapid and are fully reversible many thousands of times, which therefore make for a long lifecycle.
As for alkaline conditions, the adsorbed hydrogen atom is generated from the electrochemical reduction of H2O, which is more sluggish than the reduction of H+ in acidic conditions because the H-O-H bonds need to be broken before adsorbing hydrogen. Therefore, it is more facile to evolve hydrogen in acidic solutions than … Read More
The sintering behaviour of the individual layers is analysed and partly adjusted so the multi-layer support can be co-fired together with the YSZ electrolyte layer. In the oxidized state, four-layer, porosity graded anode supported half-cells with a dense YSZ electrolyte are demonstrated. The possibility of capture and storage of carbon dioxide in various media like amines, zeolites, and metal organic frameworks, as well as in geological systems, oceans, and by mineral carbonation has been technologically considered. The capture and storage of carbon dioxide emissions can also be considered as a valuable resource because CO2 can be catalytically converted into industrially relevant chemicals and fuels.
- Nature in the process of maturation of kerogen and coal, had, as the end product, graphitic material, which is the basis of all carbon forms, with the exception of crystalline diamond.
- A tension appears at the extremities of the solar cell, which is equal to the
… Read More