– Improved decision making for unprotected left turns using better
estimation of ego’s interaction with other objects through the
– Improved stopping pose while yielding for crossing objects at
“Chuck Cook style” unprotected left turns by utilizing the median
– Made speed profile more comfortable when creeping for visibility,
to allow for smoother stops when protecting for potentially
– Enabled creeping for visibility at any intersection where objects
might cross ego’s path, regardless of presence of traffic controls.
– Improved lane position error by 5% and lane recall by 12% with a full vector lanes neural network update. Information bottlenecks in the network architecture were abated by increasing the size of the per-camera feature extractors, video modules, and internals of the GPT attention modules.
– Improved lane position error of crossing and merging lanes by
22% by adding long-range skip connections and a more powerful
trunk to the network architecture.
– Improved pedestrian and bicyclist velocity error by 17%, especially
when ego is making a turn, by improving the onboard trajectory
estimation used as input to the neural network.
– Improved animal detection recall by 34% and decreased false
positives by 8% by doubling the size of the auto-labeled training
– Improved detection recall of far away crossing vehicles by 4% by
tuning the loss function used during training and improving label
– Improved the “is parked” attribute for vehicles by 5% by adding
20% more examples to the training set.
– Upgraded the occupancy network to detect dynamic objects and
improved performance by adding a video module, tuning the loss
function, and adding 37k new clips to the training set.
– Reduced false slowdowns around crosswalks by better
classification of pedestrians and bicyclists as not intending to
interact with ego.
– Reduced false lane changes for cones or blockages by preferring
gentle offsetting in-lane where appropriate.
– Improved in-lane positioning on wide residential roads.
– Improved object future path prediction in scenarios with high yaw rate.
– Improved speed limit sign accuracy on digital speed limits by 29%, on signs with difficult relevance by 23%, on 3-digit speeds by 39%, and on speed limit end signs by 62%. Neural network was trained with 84% more examples in the training set and with architectural changes which allocated more compute in the network head.
Press the “Video Record” button on the top bar UI to share your feedback. When pressed, your vehicle’s external cameras will share a short VIN-associated Autopilot Snapshot with the Tesla engineering team to help make improvements to FSD. You will not be able to view the clip.